- American Council of the Blind, National Office, VA
Wrote and submitted proposals for captioning and audio description of educational television programs, 2010.
- American Museum of Natural History, NY
Consulting Services for a review of existing visitor wayfinding conditions, 1974.
- American Museum of Natural History, NY
Wayfinding program co-designer and installer, 1975.
- B & O Railroad Museum
Researched and authored "Toward the Widest Possible Audience", an analysis of the B & O's efforts toward ADA compliance and Universal Design.
- Baltimore Mayors Commission on Disabilities,
Mayors Advisory Commission on Arts and Culture, and Access Baltimore
Developed training and funding proposals for this unique 501-c-3 organization.
- Bureau of Land Management, NV
Author of Hidden Cave (Archaeological Site) Interpretation and Protection Feasibility Study, 1981.
- Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center, CT
Designer of Classroom, office, and storage space improvements, in progress.
- Dogs Finding Dogs, Inc., MD
Board development, funding strategy analysis and consultation, 2010.
- Edward John Noble Foundation, GA
Project designer, and author of A Feasibility Study Regarding Stabilization Possibilities for the South End Settlement (1830's tabby cabins), St Catherines Island, 1982.
- Friends of Druid Hill Park, MD
Consulted on susquecentennial event planning, publicity and funding. Board development.
- Heritage Plantation, MA
Consulting services for the creation of a Blueprint for Visitor Welcoming and Wayfinding Improvements, 2001. Design and illustration of a visitors map, in progress.
- The Historic Senator Theater
Provided expert technical assistance regarding state-of-the-art synchronized audio description for blind and visually-impaired movie patrons.
- Huguenot Historical Society, NY
Design and manufacture supervision of You-Are-Here maps, 2001. View an example of a map.
- International Braille Research Center, Louisville, KY
Developed successful grant proposals and publicity materials resulting in >$375K in new research dollars.
- Japanese American National Museum, Los Angeles
Analyzed visitor welcoming and accessibility conditions, 2002.
- Maryland Arts Access, Inc.
Consultation on internet access, assistive technologies and ADA compliance issues under Title III.
- Maryland Governor's Office for Individuals with Disabilities
Managed educational effort regarding reauthorization of federal disability law; grantseeking, editing of on-line newsletter.
- Maryland Technology Assistance Program
Developed successful proposals for funding of high technology projects benefitting persons with disabilities.
- Mystic Chamber of Commerce, CT
Designed and installed renovations turning an active Amtrak station into a regional welcome center, 2001.
- Mystic Seaport, CT
Managed and designed institution-wide Visitor Welcoming and Wayfinding Improvements, 2000.
- National Zoo (Smithsonian Institution), DC
Assisted in design for an institution-wide wayfinding program, 1975.
- New Inner City Development Corporation
Analyzed accessibility requirements for an urban rehabilitation project, saving the client thousands of dollars.
- North Georgia House Rabbit Society, GA
Provided development consultation, including proposal submission and strategic planning analysis, 2010.
- Wayfinding and the Illustrated Handout Map in American Village Museums. Masters Thesis, Syracuse U., 1998 .
Welcoming Your Visitors: The ABC's of Wayfinding and Map Design
Nema News. Vol. 24, no. 2 (winter 2000). New England Museum Association.
- Port Discovery Children's Museum
Trained new staff in disability awareness, ettiquette, strategies and techniques for appropriately and comfortably meeting and greeting visitors.
- Quincy Art Center, IL
Consulting services for the creation of a Blueprint for Visitor Welcoming and Wayfinding Improvements, 2002.
- Science Museum of CT
Consulting services for a review of existing visitor welcoming and wayfinding conditions, and recommendations for improvements, 1990.
- Sports Legends/Babe Ruth Birthplace Museum, Camden Yard, Baltimore
Corporate sponsorships, coordination of fundraising strategies, proposal development, 2010-2011.
- Town of Stonington, CT
Consulting services for the review and improvement of signage and architectural zoning regulations, 1996.
- Walker Home and School, MA
Design and installation of an institution- wide wayfinding signage system, in progress.
For more information contact Integral Design
The Philadelphia Building
1315 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Phone: (410) 925-8302